Impact of the Project
The EDICULA project resulted in:
- innovative changes of the educational curricula for Cultural Heritage related Master Programmes in general and specifically the National Technical University of Athens Interdisciplinary Post Graduate Programme on “Protection of Monuments”, the La Sapienza Post Graduate Master Program “Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage” and the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design Post Graduate Program in “Urban Design”
- the development of educational modules that were attended by students among the Universities of the project, with equivalent ECTS accreditation, towards the creation of a new Erasmus Joint Masters Degree,
- the development of a digital educational toolkit with innovative interdisciplinary content using Augmented Reality (AR )and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies, enhancing in-situ and ex-situ application scenarios.
- the creation of digital games that were used in a blended learning scheme,
- in-situ education, at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, its setting and context, including religious routes and ceremonies functioning as the prime educational nucleus, being a transformation from a problem-based learning approach into a unique approach towards a real-world learning, for application to other historic buildings and real or digital applications in the four countries.