The EDICULA project will result in:
• innovative changes of the educational curricula for Cultural Heritage related Master Programmes in general and specifically the National Technical University of Athens Interdisciplinary Post Graduate Programme on “Protection of Monuments”, the La Sapienza Post Graduate Master Program “Science and Technology for the Conservation of Cultural Heritage” and the Bezalel Academy of Arts and Design Post Graduate Program in “Urban Design”
• the development of educational modules that will be attended by students among the Universities of the project, with equivalent ECTS accreditation, towards the creation of a new Erasmus Joint Masters Degree,
• the development of a digital educational toolkit with innovative interdisciplinary content using Augmented Reality (AR )and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies, enhancing in-situ and ex-situ application scenarios.
• the creation of digital games that will be used in a blended learning scheme,
• in-situ education, at the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem, its setting and context, including religious routes and ceremonies functioning as the prime educational nucleus, being a transformation from a problem-based learning approach into a unique approach towards a real-world learning, for application to other historic buildings and real or digital applications in the four countries.
• in-situ education for archaeologists, introducing innovation in engineering with emphasis in nondestructive testing and evaluation methods and georeferenced multispectral and multisemantic data,
• innovation-oriented educational synthesis, in the context of embedding, within the learning experience, the process of utilizing innovation to address scientific and engineering challenges, and as a synthesis tool that fuses and merges multilevel knowledge into effective solutions. New knowledge that has been produced within the emblematic project of the exceptional rehabilitation of the Holy Aedicule of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem and its urban context is a prime outcome that strongly supports this transformation, where interdisciplinarity, effectiveness, transparency, holistic and digital integration of fused data and social acceptance have advanced the field of protection of monuments,
• a teaching activity to train higher education teachers in order to promote the transdisciplinary scientific synthesis as the key element for innovative education into other scientific fields.